Statesville, North Carolina
2.8

Update by user Dec 17, 2014

Someone from Enterprise was supposed to contact me about resolving this issue. One month later, I am still waiting...

Original review posted by user Nov 16, 2014

I reserved a full size car for a business trip three months in advance. When pulling into the parking lot of the local Enterprise, I saw a lady leaving in a full size car that she had just rented.

I walked inside and spoke with a very nice salesman. He said he had a Altima for me and asked if that was OK? I said it was, but another person behind the desk said the check engine light was on and I could not have it. He apologized and I told him again, it was OK.

He then said all he had was a Chevrolet Captivia (Not a full size car). I agreed to the rental anyway and left. Two miles down the road, the power steering started whining and one of the tires felt as if it were going to fall off. I immediately turned around and drove back.

Now, they are closed. I was not gone five minutes. I actually met the salesman leaving. I called customer service and they were helpful.

They told me to take the car to the next closest lot and trade out. The next location was 35 miles away. I arrived at that location and this is where it really got bad! The lady there said she was not aware that I was coming, but would try to help me.

I told her the issues I was having and that I had reserved a full size car. (There were several on the lot by the way.) She got a disappointing attitude and told me, "I guess I will have to put you in that Chevy Malibu". Sensing her displeasure in doing this, I told her, "I do not care what you put me in, as long as it is a full size car and does not smell of smoke". She then said, "I just don't want to let the Malibu go, how about an Impala?".

Again, I said "OK", but why did she not want to let the other car go? Was she wanting to drive it herself that weekend??? Anyway, we walked out to the Impala, she pulled it out of the parking space and told me to look it over. Immediately, I smelt a strong smell of cigarette smoke coming from the car.

I told her it smelled really bad and she agreed. She pulled it back in and said again, "Well, I guess I will have to put you in the Malibu". Again, I said OK. Walking back inside to do the paperwork, she said, "Hey, how about this Jeep?" Very displeased at this point, I told her.

"Just give me a vehicle to drive and let me go please." I ended up leaving in the Jeep and driving it all week. There was nothing wrong with the Jeep, it was a good vehicle. I just do not understand why the first location let the last full size car leave if I had a reservation for it, or why the second location had full size cars that they did not want to rent out? How does a business make money by not renting out cars?

Yes, after much hassle, I got a vehicle but it was not what I needed for the week. I will think twice about using Enterprise next time.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Enterprise Car Sales Cons: Customer service, Hassle of renting a car.

Comments

EnterpriseCares

Hello Camash,

Thank you for bringing this service at the Statesville branch to our attention. As customer service is of the utmost importance to us, we would like the opportunity to look into this for you.

Please email us at Care@Enterprise.com with the complete details. Include your name & contact information, rental agreement or reservation number and any further information regarding your experience at this branch.

When emailing, please place reference number 141118-001373 in the subject line.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Mitch

Social Monitoring Coordinator Enterprise

Camash
@EnterpriseCares

Hello,

I did all of the above as requested the day after your post. Someone contacted me and told me that the regional manager was going to look into it and let me know the findings... One month later, I have still not heard from anyone...

EnterpriseCares
@Camash

Camash, thank you for the update. I will follow up with the Regional Office right now.

Please email us and reference 141118-001373 in the subject line at care@enterprise.com with any additional questions you may have.

Have a great weekend. -Tatiana