Saint Marys, Georgia

Update by user Aug 19, 2014

Was told last week I would be getting part of the money back. One week later and no money has been credited to my account. VERY DISHONEST COMPANY!!!!

Original review posted by user Aug 13, 2014

Enterprise lost a whole family of customers this week. Last week my mother passed away and I had to travel to her funeral. We are on limited funds so I called around for the best price. Having dealt with Enterprise for years I decided to go with them. I asked for all the fees up front including insurance and asked for the basic insurance. When we got there last Thursday to pick it up I was shocked at the additional $200 deposit. I made sure to tell them to add the insurance and prepay fuel at 3.03 a gallon as stated on their sign. I was told we would be getting the $200 deposit back which I needed to repay to the person I borrowed it from.

Then today I was only credited a $74 refund. I called the local Enterprise and was told they would call me back. Hours later I had to call them again and was told they took insurance at over $50 (was informed it was by day and not flat rate like originally told) out of the deposit and fuel that added up to be more than the 10 gallon fuel tank on a Fiat would take. My husband wasn't happy with this so we went to the local store. This is when the manager said and I quote, "It's like we discussed we took the insurance and fuel out of the deposit to help you out. We don't normally do that and everything is paid up front."

This is a problem because I never asked for any help. I never discussed anything with this man nor talked to him on the day of rental. He was to busy talking to the higher priced customer that came in after us. We wanted everything listed and paid for up front. That's Enterprise's quote, No hidden fees, well that quote is a lie. I'm very upset. Trying to let everyone I know know what happened and to take their business elsewhere.

Comments

laauton

Chris I talked to someone and was told I would be getting part of the money back. However it's been over two days with no refund so once again I would say you company is full of cheats and swindles.

EnterpriseCares

laauton, Customer service and satisfaction are very important to us at Enterprise. I would like to follow up with you.

Please email me at care@enterprise.com with the complete details, exact renting location, and any rental agreement numbers. Please reference #140815-001950.

I look forward to hearing from you soon, thank you. Chris M, Social Media Monitor, Enterprise Rent-A-Car