Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I bought a used 2011 Sante Fe from Enterprise in Ft. Lauderdale in December 2011, I was referred by my credit union, South Florida Educational Federal Credit Union. The car looked perfect when I left the lot, and I was very pleased.

Starting about a week after I bought the car I saw nicks on the car that had been painted over and the touch up paint was wearing off. I understand and accept that a used car has flaws, but it is unacceptable when paint is wearing off after 1 week. 3 months after I bought the vehicle I noticed a large section on the front bumper where the paint was pealing. I went to Hyundai since the paint was under warranty and was told that the original paint was under warranty but this was not the original paint. This was such a shock to me since when I bought the car I was told everything was original on the car and there were no accidents or anything. I made a point to ask this because I wanted to make sure the warranty was in effect by Hyundai. Also I did not want to purchase a car that was altered since it lowers it's resale value dramatically. I called Enterprise to tell them about it. They looked at it and they only offered to repaint it at a discount. Since I felt I was not the one responsible for these defects, I contacted my credit union to ask who to complain to and they were able to get Enterprise to repaint it for me. They kept the car for half a day and told me to pick it up. I thought this was strange and asked if the car should stay longer to dry properly and they said "no".

After getting the car back I noticed spots where it didn't dry properly, there were paint drips and there were also bubbles. The site manager agreed to have it painted again, redo the touchups that wore off and would keep the car longer to make sure it dried. They kept it 2 days. Upon picking it up this 2nd time, there were still bubbles. I pointed this out to the person who sold me the car, when I picked it up after it was painted the 2nd time. He stated that "they would probably come out when I have it buffed". First it should be done properly and professionally and second "probably" is unacceptable. There is also a fairly large paint drip. Neither of these were on the car before. The bumper was nice and smooth when I bought it. They did wax the car because there was wax left in between edges of doors, windows, gas lid, hood etc. The wax was also on the black rubber areas around window and side mirrors and I still can't get it off. It looked like they just wiped off the wax in the surface areas and didn't worry about hard areas to get to.

After 2 weeks, the paint is again wearing off, the bubbles still exist and there is another large paint drip. In addition, now the hood is not sitting properly and it was aligned before. Instead of fixing the problem they are making it worse. Since the touchups are already wearing off I am worried the bumper will start doing that again soon also. I have called and left messages after this last time and still have not received a call back. This is unacceptable. I feel as though I was misled in this transaction, not only in the original purchase but also with the follow up. This is ashame, I thought Enterprise was a company that I could trust. I feel the defects were misrepresented and hidden from me at the time of the sale. I am very surprised at the unprofessional paint job and. I would think that a reputable company like Enterprise would have a paint department capable of doing a professional job, which this certainaly was not done professionally.

My credit union provides a lot of business and many customers through their hassle free, reliable car buying sales provided to its customers. This has not been a hassle free or reliable experience.

I would appreciate a response on how to resolve these issues.

Comments

There was no way to hide the vehicle's exterior from you unless you are blind. You didn't look at the car before you bought it?

Did you do the deal with your eyes closed?

You purchased a used car expecting the exterior to be flawless. No other company would do what they did for you.

I would love to see you go purchase a vehicle from any OTHER dealer and see what they offer and how they stand up to their product. Enterprise always puts their customers first....always.

It is a used car.

If you want it flawless, go buy brand new and spend thousands more. Even brand new cars are flawed because afterall, a robot backed by a human built it.

where do you work?

Hate to say it but the sales people don't care about you or your problems...they dont get paid enough to. They barely get paid for the 55+ hours they work per week.

I can say this as an ex employee. Problems fall onto the deaf ears of management who only care about the bottom line, not the scratch in your car. *** right?? That's why I got OUT.

Yes, buying a car is usually a sleezey experience however, it shouldn't be. Especially somewhere that "guarantees your satisfaction".

Good luck resolving your problem. I would go straight to corporate...

I am currently experiencing a similar problem With enterprise car sales-- The morning after I bought my car (in november) I noticed deep scratches with bubbling paint and rust running out of one of them on the hood-- I called the dealer immediately, and a couple of days later went to have them look at it-- I was told to call on a wednesday mrning at 9am to find out when and if the paint guy was going to be there that day so I could bring it in to be touched up-- so first, I am inconvinienced, and having to work around the time schedule of enterprise. Once I finally was able to get in to see the paint guy, I was told that touching up would not work due to the severity of the scratches and the hood would need to be repainted.

Once I was finally able to contact the dealer (in Blue Springs, MO), I was told that they would only touch up the scratches, which their own "paint guy", that they normally use, told me would not be effective. I was then told "since you bought it 6 months ago and the rust was not documented at that time..." in essence, they were calling me a liar.

So, not only am I insulted, but I have deep scratches in my car hood still-- I am waiting on a call back from corporate, which I have called expressing my displeasure, and requesting that enterprise keep their word that the problem would be fixed. If this is not resolved to my satisfaction, I will no longer be a customer (which I have been for many years-- not even for a rental)

#471905

You had the chance to look at the same paint when you bought it. Buyer's remorse. You failed to do your duty as a consumer.

I know how you feel. I have Bern buying my cars from enterprise since 2007.

I just bought a 2010 Dodge avenger from them in Feb. I have gone to them three times about how the Hood of my trunk fills up with water when it rains. They never documented me complaining about it. I've gone three times because the other two times they couldn't see where the water was coming out.

Its been raining here so i went yesterday to show them and finally they see the water pouring out into my trunk. They send Me someplace to get it looked at then enetetprise says they aren't paying for it to get fixed. Then i call to find out why and they say its because it is no longer covered under warranty. But I've been coming to you about this issue since day one and you've put me off.

Then the manager continued to yell and insult and argue with me. Ive referred others to them in the past. I used to think they were great. New management has made the place ***.

Needless to say i am extremely disappointed with how i was treated as a returning customer and i will never be going back to them. Not even for a car rental

I know how you feel. I have Bern buying my cars from enterprise since 2007.

Hello, my name is Keri and I work with Enterprise. I am sorry to hear that you have not been satisfied with your experience, and we would like to get some additional information from you about your experience. Please reach out to me at csbusdev@erac.com.